This high protein smoothie is yummy and nutritious. I have been a vegetarian for nearly two years now, so this is perfect for my vegetarian friends or even anyone just wanting to up the game on protein. Now, the protein content can be adjusted based on the ingredients you choose. I also love this smoothie because you can mix it up in so many different ways by adding different berries, milk, and nut butter.
You can sub kale for spinach for extra protein. The more processed your oats are, the less protein they will have. You can use cow’s milk instead of almond milk for a bigger boost of protein. However, whatever you end up doing, you should expect AT LEAST 15 grams of protein. Yum and yay!
- Spinach or kale, 1 cup
- Oats, 0.5 cup
- 1/2 frozen banana
- Yogurt, 0.5 cup
- Peanut or almond butter, 1-2 tbsp (depends on preference)
- Almond or cow’s milk, 1 cup
- A few berries (slices of strawberries or a couple blueberries or raspberries)
- 1-2 tbsp of ground/milled flax seed
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds, either mixed in or on top
- 1/4 cup of protein powder (optional) – I actually add only a hint of vanilla protein powder for a vanilla taste!